Elaine Graham-Leigh discusses the origin of women's oppression in the development of class society and what that means for the struggle for liberation
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Elaine has been an environmental campaigner for more than a decade. She speaks and writes widely on issues of climate change and social justice, and is a member of Counterfire. She is the author of A Diet of Austerity: Class, Food and Climate Change and Marx and the Climate Crisis. Her sci-fi novel, The Caduca, is out now from The Conrad Press.
More articles from this author
- White Malice. The CIA and the Neocolonisation of Africa - book review
- Energy security strategy: disingenuousness wrapped in a Union Jack
- Russia, Nato and climate change: ‘green’ imperialism is no solution
- Policing the Pandemic: How Public Health Becomes Public Order - book review
- Sexual Revolution: Modern Fascism and the Feminist Fightback - book review
- Climate change and the cost of living: why we must nationalise energy
- The Last Witches of England. A Tragedy of Sorcery and Superstition - book review