Lindsey German looks at the role of the individual and collective organising in the struggle for women's liberation
Before you go...we need your help
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Johnson: who is that unmasked man? – weekly briefing
- The ghost of Corbynism still haunts Johnson – weekly briefing
- The shame of Europe – weekly briefing
- Sleaze: it’s a Tory way of life - weekly briefing
- We need a radical alternative to the Cop-out in Glasgow – weekly briefing
- Tories: the Covid mask slips – weekly briefing
- The trouble with terrorism – weekly briefing