Lindsey German looks at the role of the individual and collective organising in the struggle for women's liberation
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- War in Ukraine: Making Sense of a Senseless Conflict - book review
- This is an attack on our class: we must escalate to win – weekly briefing
- After the Tory budget: the movement we need now – weekly briefing
- The masters of war are fanning the flames – weekly briefing
- Tories preach politics of the gutter – weekly briefing
- Remember, remember the Fifth of November – weekly briefing
- The rich turn to Rishi – weekly briefing