Susan Ram interviews Danièle Obono, an MP with La France Insoumise on the anti-racist movement after she was racially attacked by a French magazine
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Susan Ram is a writer, editor and journalist based in south-west France. She's currently at work on a book about the French Left, for publication in India, where she lived for many years.
More articles from this author
- Stigma: The Machinery of Inequality - book review
- Lebanon: descending deeper into the abyss
- France-Israel relations: a tale of intimacy, with no end in sight
- Fighting Covid in France: tricky times for the Left?
- French elections: Why there is no champagne for Macron or Le Pen
- Iran election: hardliners return under US stranglehold
- France: tens of thousands rally for Palestine on Nakba Day