As part of a discussion on the next steps for the left, Lindsey German looks at the election defeat, the coronavirus crisis and how socialists should organise
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Tory sleaze only the tip of the iceberg in broken Britain – weekly briefing
- Sherwood: for once BBC hits the bullseye
- Nato Summit: peace is not the priority
- Starmer and Lammy know which side they are on – so should we - weekly briefing
- Ten points on the rail strike
- A chance to derail the Tories – weekly briefing
- Paul Mason: blinded by the right - weekly briefing