"If you try to have a war with Iran... you will create a mass movement against war in this country of the sort that you haven’t seen in more than a decade"
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- No money for school meals but Johnson found £16.5bn extra for the military
- The left’s Trump card – weekly briefing
- Mary Wollstonecraft statue is a poor representation of her radical ideas
- Goodbye, good riddance… get ready – weekly briefing
- Defend Corbyn: the key thing is to fight - video
- Robert Fisk: the journalist who told the truth about imperialism
- The half-hearted lockdown from the cabinet of fools - weekly briefing