"If you try to have a war with Iran... you will create a mass movement against war in this country of the sort that you haven’t seen in more than a decade"
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Vote with your feet – weekly briefing
- Lindsey German's August reading recommendations
- The internal Tory coup, the cabinet of horrors, and class war - weekly briefing
- Nightmare time: why the left has to come out fighting – weekly briefing
- There’s only one solution to Labour’s problems: the right have got to go - weekly briefing
- Britain is following Trump and escalating the threat of war with Iran
- Labour's lost Leave voters