"If you try to have a war with Iran... you will create a mass movement against war in this country of the sort that you haven’t seen in more than a decade"
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- The Ratline and The Good Germans - book review
- Trans rights, women’s rights and open debate – weekly briefing
- A world in crisis and G7 leaders aren't going to do anything to solve it
- Chanie Rosenberg 1922-2021
- The Cornish clearances are under way – weekly briefing
- Palestine: return of the resistance – weekly briefing
- Palestine: a movement reborn - weekly briefing