"If you try to have a war with Iran... you will create a mass movement against war in this country of the sort that you haven’t seen in more than a decade"
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Johnson is planning the great escape, Labour mustn’t let him - weekly briefing
- Rebellion in the air – weekly briefing
- Waspi women: stung by the state – weekly briefing
- A parliamentary crisis with no parliamentary solution - weekly briefing
- Stalingrad - book review
- Playing by the rules only works if both sides agree - weekly briefing
- Bolton’s gone but an oil war could be about to start - weekly briefing