Thousands of students walked out of school once again to protest against inaction on climate change
On Friday, thousands of students protested in over 100 towns and cities across the UK, coordinated with strikes taking place in over 110 countries around the world. The school students continue to lead the way in fighting back against government inaction and systemic failure to address the growing challenge of climate change.
The sustained protest movement was the driving factor behind Jeremy Corbyn successfully pushing Parliament to declare a climate emergency. It's had the effect of popularising a Green New Deal in Britain and will be necessary for keeping climate change on the political agenda and forcing politicians to act in accordance with the emergency they have declared.
This is a video of the speeches and interviews from young protesters at the first globally coordinated youth strike on 15 March in Newcastle:
More articles from this author
- A new global recession is coming
- Are the liberal middle class on the verge of a nervous breakdown?
- Border chaos: why Priti Patel's plans can be stopped
- Where is the love?
- DWP deaths make me sick: shrouds on tour 2019
- Boris Johnson’s law and order proposals are a scam
- The poisonous politics of Priti Patel