Speaking at a London Counterfire event, Kevin Ovenden discusses what the protests in Gaza are about and how Palestine can be free
Kevin Ovenden is a progressive journalist who has followed politics and social movements for 25 years. He is a leading activist in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, led five successful aid convoys to break the siege on Gaza, and was aboard the Mavi Marmara aid ship when Israeli commandoes boarded it killing 10 people in May 2010. He is author of Syriza: Inside the Labyrinth.
More articles from this author
- What Frank Field's resignation tells us about the Labour right's slow coup
- The Greek fires: a catastrophe fuelled by austerity
- Is Corbyn's Brexit policy really 'full Trump'?
- So called 'moderates' are the enablers of the far right
- The Windrush scandal: It's time to deport Theresa May from office
- France also: a cynical attempt to divide anti-racism in the service of the government right
- The problem is jingoism, not conspiracism