Speaking at a London Counterfire event, Kevin Ovenden discusses what the protests in Gaza are about and how Palestine can be free
Kevin Ovenden is a progressive journalist who has followed politics and social movements for 25 years. He is a leading activist in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, led five successful aid convoys to break the siege on Gaza, and was aboard the Mavi Marmara aid ship when Israeli commandoes boarded it killing 10 people in May 2010. He is author of Syriza: Inside the Labyrinth.
More articles from this author
- Migration: cold comfort for those in peril on the sea
- From Brussels to Athens: striking against the crisis
- Very nasty people with very nasty politics
- Europe in crisis: opportunity for the left….and the right
- Salman Rushdie attack: Bitter fruits of a carnival of reaction
- Stonewall, the state and the struggle for liberation
- How does a socialist turn into a nark?