Watch Lindsey German's speech from the #RefugeesWelcome demonstration in London. Thousands took to the streets to show solidarity with those fleeing war
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- It’s badly wrong when whistleblowers rot in jail but war criminals walk free - weekly briefing
- Referendum: first time farce, second time tragedy – weekly briefing
- Bungled Brexit beggars belief - weekly briefing
- She’s going down: now is not the time to prop up the Tories – weekly briefing
- Serbia's spring in October
- Call it by its name: Islamophobia, and it comes from the top – weekly briefing
- When Watson and Hodge represent Labour we know we’re in trouble - weekly briefing