Watch Lindsey German's speech from the #RefugeesWelcome demonstration in London. Thousands took to the streets to show solidarity with those fleeing war
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Gavin Williamson: delusional and dangerous
- And your enemies closer? - weekly briefing
- There's no limit to nuclear war – weekly briefing
- Venezuela: a coup made in Washington: not for the first time – weekly briefing
- Tories don’t want May’s deal, but they fear Labour: now’s the time to stand firm – weekly briefing
- Rosa Luxemburg was a revolutionary socialist
- The travesty that is Theresa May’s government has to end – weekly briefing