Watch Lindsey German's speech from the #RefugeesWelcome demonstration in London. Thousands took to the streets to show solidarity with those fleeing war
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- There’s only one solution to Labour’s problems: the right have got to go - weekly briefing
- Britain is following Trump and escalating the threat of war with Iran
- Labour's lost Leave voters
- Adopting the IHRA definition didn't end the attacks, it accelerated them
- Tory values meet the rights and wrongs of women - weekly briefing
- Iran - unrepentant warmongers and gullible fools are at it again: weekly briefing
- Cracking up… in every sense of the word - weekly briefing