Clare Solomon and Danielle Obono report from Paris where around 100,000 people joined a protest organised by the Front de Gauche, the French Communist Party, the CGT union and other groups
As President of the University of London Union 2010-2011, Clare was a key organiser of the 2010 student rebellion. ‘Springtime: The New Student Rebellions’, her book on the student and youth revolts worldwide, co-edited with Tania Palmieri, is published by Verso. She is a leading member of the People's Assembly and Counterfire.
More articles from this author
- Bullshit Jobs: A Theory - book review
- The student fightback against cuts is just beginning
- Greek bailout: has Syriza capitulated?
- #OccupyDemocracy: It's our right to protest. That's democracy!
- Springtime: The New Student Rebellions
- Video: John Rees - speech to #GazaJ26 protest in London's Parliament Square
- Video: Adebayo Bolaji reads Stokely Carmichael