Lindsey German asks, if the war in Afghanistan is supposed to have turned a corner, as the US and Nato insist, why does the insurgency against the occupying armies keep growing in strength?
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Boris Johnson is a racist, sexist, warmonger who must be stopped - video
- Nightmare time: why the left has to come out fighting – weekly briefing
- There’s only one solution to Labour’s problems: the right have got to go - weekly briefing
- Britain is following Trump and escalating the threat of war with Iran
- Labour's lost Leave voters
- Adopting the IHRA definition didn't end the attacks, it accelerated them
- Tory values meet the rights and wrongs of women - weekly briefing