Author and broadcaster Chris Bambery tells the story of the Battle of Cable Street, to mark 80 years since
Chris Bambery is an author, political activist and commentator, and a supporter of Rise, the radical left wing coalition in Scotland. His books include A People's History of Scotland and The Second World War: A Marxist Analysis.
More articles from this author
- Scottish elections: will Alba shake things up?
- Alliance of Adversaries: The Congress of the Toilers of the Far East - book review
- Loyalist riots: is the long Good Friday coming to an end?
- Scottish independence at a crossroads: where has Alba come from?
- Lenin 150 (Samizdat) - book review
- The Communist Movement at a Crossroads: Plenums of the Communist International’s Executive Committee, 1922-1923 - book review
- Bobby Sands and the political prisoners who changed Ireland