Following the breakthrough for the left in the French legislative elections, we are looking forward to hearing from Danièle Obono at Revolution! Festival this weekend
Sunday's National Assembly elections in France heralded a historic shift. The new left coalition NUPES won 131 votes, depriving Macron's governing Ensemble bloc of a parliamentary majority. This is a huge victory. It has put a previously marginal left on the map and will potentially lead to a significant shift in French politics.
We are excited that leading French socialist MP Danièle Obono will join Counterfire's Revolution! Festival on Sunday 26 June. This will be a perfect opportunity to discuss the key issues facing the movement and how to build the biggest possible socialist resistance.
Danièle will join the panel of our final session Confronting the crisis: Next steps for the left to discuss the elections, the progress of the French left and the struggle to come. Join her and a host of leading figures from across the left - including Jeremy Corbyn, Lowkey, Lindsey German, James Schneider, Phyllis Bennis, Vijay Prashad and Michael Roberts - for a weekend packed full of ideas, analysis and politics.
The full programme is below. Sign up now, share widely and join the Revolution!
[Click on the timetable to enlarge]
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
More articles from this author
- All out against the Tories: Strike, protest, resist!
- System failure: What should socialists do? A discussion with Lindsey German and James Schneider - video
- No post on strike days: national Royal Mail strike to begin in 2 weeks - News from the Frontline
- Step up the action: All out against the Tories - Counterfire Freesheet August 2022
- Serbia, Kosovo and Ukraine: An open flame next to a powder keg
- Wildcat walkouts: workers’ anger spreads beyond the unions - News from the Frontline
- Trotsky's Marxism (4 parts) - event