To mark the 75th anniversary of the Nazi attack on Guernica, Philosophy Football has produced a T-shirt, we have 5 to be won in our March competition.
An atrocity that horrified the world, the Nazi Luftwaffe attack on Guernica was the first ever carpet bombing of an undefended civilian target. Immortalised in a famous painting by Pablo Picasso, the attack in support of Franco's fascists, helped to shift public opinion behind the Spanish Republican cause. To mark the 75th anniversary Philosophy Football has produced a T-shirt, we have 5 to be won in our March competition.
Congratulations! To Ammie El-Atar-Whaley, Paul Smyth, Martin Halliday, Matthew Hale and Paul Hanes. All winners of a Tahrir Square T-shirt , also available from Philosophy Football, in our January competition.
More articles from this author
- From stop and search to 'hands up, don't shoot'
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks