A presentation and group discussion from Katherine Connelly, author of 'Sylvia Pankhurst Suffragette, Socialist and Scourge of Empire'
Kate Connelly is a writer and historian. She led school student strikes in the British anti-war movement in 2003, co-ordinated the Emily Wilding Davison Memorial Campaign in 2013 and is a leading member of Counterfire. Her book, ‘Sylvia Pankhurst: Suffragette, Socialist and Scourge of Empire‘ was published by Pluto Press last year.
More articles from this author
- Karl Marx: before all else a revolutionist
- The War? The Suffragettes? How did women win the right to vote?
- Lecturers' strike: interview with a QMU striker
- Fighting fascism in the 1930s: Trotsky and the United Front - video
- Burkini ban: taking the anger back to the French state
- Suffragette: on the side of the rebels
- Why Marx's Manifesto is still a revolutionary bestseller