A presentation and group discussion from Katherine Connelly, author of 'Sylvia Pankhurst Suffragette, Socialist and Scourge of Empire'
Kate Connelly is a writer and historian. She led school student strikes in the British anti-war movement in 2003, co-ordinated the Emily Wilding Davison Memorial Campaign in 2013 and is a leading member of Counterfire. Her book, ‘Sylvia Pankhurst: Suffragette, Socialist and Scourge of Empire‘ was published by Pluto Press last year.
More articles from this author
- Burkini ban: taking the anger back to the French state
- Suffragette: on the side of the rebels
- Why Marx's Manifesto is still a revolutionary bestseller
- Sylvia Pankhurst's Christmas parties for peace
- Sylvia Pankhurst: Suffragette, Socialist and Scourge of Empire
- Journalism from below: 100th anniversary of the Workers' Dreadnought
- Sylvia Pankhurst: Militancy and Mass Mobilisation