Anti-austerity Tower Hamlets politician Rabina Khan is the latest addition to the Dangerous Times Festival
We are very pleased to announce a new participant at the Dangerous Times Festival in East London on 27th and 28th June.
Rabina Khan, the Tower Hamlets councillor who narrowly missed winning the Tower Hamlets mayoral election on a left of Labour anti-austerity platform two weeks ago, will be appearing at the opening session of the festival on 'After June20: building a movement to beat the government'.
The Dangerous Times Festival is unique in bringing together key figures of the movement including Jeremy Corbyn MP, Tariq Ali, Natalie Bennett, Owen Jones, Lindsey German, Lee Jasper, Shelley Asquith, Andrew Murray, John Rees and Sam Fairbairn.
All of these will be joined by dissident writer David Harvey from the US, Ghanaian activist Explo-Nani Kofi, comedian and campaigner Francesca Martinez, radical economist James Meadway, the Guardian's art critic Jonathan Jones, legendary Brazilian singer songwriter Alexandre Lemos and many many more.
The festival will be a vital summit of the left and the movements at a defining moment, the place where we can discuss strategy and next steps after 20 June demonstration and the great news that Jeremy Corbyn is standing for Labour leader.
Be part of the discussion book now
More articles from this author
- Is the Labour Party a machine or a movement?
- The deep state vs. Jeremy Corbyn: three decades of spying, smearing, and intimidating
- The importance of mass mobilisation against war
- Why is the West so silent on Yemen?
- To be called a political artist is no insult - Rachid Taha tribute
- Fighting the oppression of housing regeneration
- Football Lads and Lasses against Fascism