Bailiffs are currently attempting to evict the residents of 60 Sweets Way, N20 following a Barnet county court ruling in favour of corporation Annington Homes
Residents at the Sweets Way estate in Barnet have been told they face eviction by Annington Homes, the owners of the land, who plan to bulldoze the estate to build luxury flats.
Bailiffs are currently attempting to evict the residents of 60 Sweets Way, N20 following a Barnet county court ruling in favour of corporation Annington Homes. This follows moving scenes as children as young as 6 recounted stories of their fate at the hands of a heartless housing system that has failed them at a protest outside the court this morning.
Please get along to 60 Sweets Way to show your support, video, take pics, tweet etc and get the word out as far as possible.
Send tweets of solidarity to @SweetsWayN20. You can even call Annington Homes to protest their shameful actions on 020 7960 7500.
This comes as the housing crisis deepens by the day. The People's Assembly went down to Barnet court this morning in solidarity. The national End Austerity Now demo and festival on 20 June is a vital moment to hit back as a united movement & bring all the issues together.
Follow updates on the campaign's Facebook page or follow the hashtag #SweetsWay on Twitter
More articles from this author
- Is the Labour Party a machine or a movement?
- The deep state vs. Jeremy Corbyn: three decades of spying, smearing, and intimidating
- The importance of mass mobilisation against war
- Why is the West so silent on Yemen?
- To be called a political artist is no insult - Rachid Taha tribute
- Fighting the oppression of housing regeneration
- Football Lads and Lasses against Fascism