Rolling coverage of the Greek General Election on 25th January by journalist Kevin Ovenden. Practical solidarity funded by Philosophy Football
In an imaginative venture of practical solidarity Philosophy Football are funding well-known progressive journalist Kevin Ovenden to go to Greece and report exclusively for Counterfire on Syriza's campaign alongside other radical media outlets from the USA and Australia.
Please support this venture. Kevin's reporting is funded by the sale of 'Syriza: Greek For Hope' T-shirts, get yours from Philosophy Football
Kevin Ovenden is a progressive journalist who has followed politics and social movements for 25 years. He is a leading activist in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, led five successful aid convoys to break the siege on Gaza, and was aboard the Mavi Marmara aid ship when Israeli commandoes boarded it killing 10 people in May 2010. He is author of Syriza: Inside the Labyrinth.
More articles from this author
- So called 'moderates' are the enablers of the far-right
- As Gaza rebels, how can Palestine be free? With Kevin Ovenden - video
- The Windrush scandal: It's time to deport Theresa May from office
- France also: a cynical attempt to divide anti-racism in the service of the government right
- The problem is jingoism, not conspiracism
- Russia hysteria, the establishment, and the left
- Organised workers in Germany massively reject AfD