Rolling coverage of the Greek General Election on 25th January by journalist Kevin Ovenden. Practical solidarity funded by Philosophy Football
In an imaginative venture of practical solidarity Philosophy Football are funding well-known progressive journalist Kevin Ovenden to go to Greece and report exclusively for Counterfire on Syriza's campaign alongside other radical media outlets from the USA and Australia.
Please support this venture. Kevin's reporting is funded by the sale of 'Syriza: Greek For Hope' T-shirts, get yours from Philosophy Football
Kevin Ovenden is a progressive journalist who has followed politics and social movements for 25 years. He is a leading activist in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, led five successful aid convoys to break the siege on Gaza, and was aboard the Mavi Marmara aid ship when Israeli commandoes boarded it killing 10 people in May 2010. He is author of Syriza: Inside the Labyrinth.
More articles from this author
- The prevalence of Islamophobia: a Europe-wide phenomenon
- Rosa Luxemburg on the politics of poverty and homelessness
- Saudi faction fight: break Britain's links
- The politics of 2017 catch up with the economics of 2008
- The shock at Germany’s election result is sinking in across Europe
- Class is back - the Scottish Question must be recast
- Anti-capitalists, Melenchon and 7.7 million voters of the left