Newsflash: The road into Ratcliffe on Soar power station outside Nottingham is blocked with traffic all the way back to the M1 and other junctions due to construction workers protest at gates where workers enter to park their cars.
About 120 workers gathered at the protest organised by Unite according to a report on the BBC website.
Richard Allday is a member of Unite the Union’s National Executive, a branch secretary and shop steward in road haulage. A member of Counterfire, his comrades know him better as 'the angry trucker'.
More articles from this author
- Birmingham bin strike: the dust settles… for now
- BA Mixed Fleet: the fight continues
- Grunwick: The Workers' Story - review
- British Airways strike action: the fight goes on
- Red sky thinking: BA strikes and their lessons for today
- Will Hutton and Gerald Coyne: PR for the bosses’ man
- Unite election: McCluskey vs the right