John Pilger argues that the key to a successful union anti-privatisation campaign is to involve the public in the fight. Video produced by the Australian Maritime Union.
Award winning journalist, author and documentary filmmaker John Pilger gives a candid account of success of the community based anti-privatisation campaign, "Save Our Sydney Ferries".
Unionists, activists, families and friends gathered at the Royal Oak Hotel, Balmain to reflect and give thanks to all those who had struggled to save the ferry service from the imminent threat of privatisation.
Awards were handed out to numerous activists, politicians and community members in recognition for a job well done.
Speakers included veteran environmentalist and architect of "The Greens Bans" in the 70's, Jack Mundey, along with Sydney Branch Secretary Paul McAleer and Assistant Branch Secretary Paul Garrett to name a few.
Produced by Jamie McMechan Maritime Union of Australia - Film Unit.
More articles from this author
- Occupy Plymouth moves into the Plymouth Occupation Centre.
- N30 Plymouth _ Union Solidarity with Occupy Plymouth _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Dave Franklin PCS _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Chaz Singh & Paddy Ryan, PTUC Hon President 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Phil Smith ATL _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Chris Webb CWU _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Poem and Sarah Allen-Melvin PCS 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!