Democracy, revolution and fascism - John Rees looks at the events that shaped the outcome of the Spanish Civil War
John Rees is a writer, broadcaster and activist, and is one of the organisers of the People’s Assembly. His books include ‘The Algebra of Revolution’, ‘Imperialism and Resistance’, ‘Timelines, A Political History of the Modern World’, ‘The People Demand, A Short History of the Arab Revolutions’ (with Joseph Daher) and ‘A People’s History of London’ (with Lindsey German). He is co-founder of the Stop the War Coalition.
More articles from this author
- Time is tight: the challenges to Jeremy Corbyn’s campaign
- Lenin and the Labour Party - lessons for today?
- Labour and socialism: six of the best
- A new threat of war - and why the Corbyn campaign can help prevent it
- Radical: what’s in a word?
- Video: CAGE take on the Charity Commission
- Five more reasons to join the People's Assembly End Austerity Now demo