Democracy, revolution and fascism - John Rees looks at the events that shaped the outcome of the Spanish Civil War
John Rees is a writer, broadcaster and activist, and is one of the organisers of the People’s Assembly. His books include ‘The Algebra of Revolution’, ‘Imperialism and Resistance’, ‘Timelines, A Political History of the Modern World’, ‘The People Demand, A Short History of the Arab Revolutions’ (with Joseph Daher) and ‘A People’s History of London’ (with Lindsey German). He is co-founder of the Stop the War Coalition.
More articles from this author
- Tower Hamlets: the real electoral fraud is about to begin
- It's Scotland, stupid
- Saudi Arabia, the war on Yemen and the crisis of US imperialism in the Middle East
- John Lilburne: free-born 400 years ago…and still the man of the hour
- 'Jihadi John': are the UK security services contributing to terror?
- Syriza victory: secure this bridgehead
- The Egyptian state shoots its young