Democracy, revolution and fascism - John Rees looks at the events that shaped the outcome of the Spanish Civil War
John Rees is a writer, broadcaster and activist, and is one of the organisers of the People’s Assembly. His books include ‘The Algebra of Revolution’, ‘Imperialism and Resistance’, ‘Timelines, A Political History of the Modern World’, ‘The People Demand, A Short History of the Arab Revolutions’ (with Joseph Daher) and ‘A People’s History of London’ (with Lindsey German). He is co-founder of the Stop the War Coalition.
More articles from this author
- A quick guide to who’s fighting whom in Syria
- Why bombing Syria is a very bad idea
- ‘Long to reign over us’? The monarchy, land, money and guns
- Video: John Rees on Jeremy Corbyn victory
- The Tories want war - and right wing Labour MPs are willing to help them
- Time is tight: the challenges to Jeremy Corbyn’s campaign
- Lenin and the Labour Party - lessons for today?