Democracy, revolution and fascism - John Rees looks at the events that shaped the outcome of the Spanish Civil War
John Rees is a writer, broadcaster and activist, and is one of the organisers of the People’s Assembly. His books include ‘The Algebra of Revolution’, ‘Imperialism and Resistance’, ‘Timelines, A Political History of the Modern World’, ‘The People Demand, A Short History of the Arab Revolutions’ (with Joseph Daher) and ‘A People’s History of London’ (with Lindsey German). He is co-founder of the Stop the War Coalition.
More articles from this author
- Timelines: A Political History of the Modern World
- The way to stop the Islamic State is a united, free Kurdistan - just what the US does not want
- Setting the record straight for the Guardian
- Gaza: has Israel been defeated by its own brutality?
- Palestine: the only solution is now the one-state solution
- Gove's last lesson
- The ABC of Socialism: becoming a socialist