Democracy, revolution and fascism - John Rees looks at the events that shaped the outcome of the Spanish Civil War
John Rees is a writer, broadcaster and activist, and is one of the organisers of the People’s Assembly. His books include ‘The Algebra of Revolution’, ‘Imperialism and Resistance’, ‘Timelines, A Political History of the Modern World’, ‘The People Demand, A Short History of the Arab Revolutions’ (with Joseph Daher) and ‘A People’s History of London’ (with Lindsey German). He is co-founder of the Stop the War Coalition.
More articles from this author
- The left and the crisis of the liberal centre
- Brexit and the left: uniting to take control of the debate
- Christmas 1641: 'the maddest Christmas that I ever saw'
- Counterfire’s top ten hits of the year
- Syria: a tragedy foretold
- Leveller! A political insult for all ages
- 5 novels every revolutionary should read