Speaking at a London Counterfire event, Kevin Ovenden discusses what the protests in Gaza are about and how Palestine can be free
Kevin Ovenden is a progressive journalist who has followed politics and social movements for 25 years. He is a leading activist in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, led five successful aid convoys to break the siege on Gaza, and was aboard the Mavi Marmara aid ship when Israeli commandoes boarded it killing 10 people in May 2010. He is author of Syriza: Inside the Labyrinth.
More articles from this author
- So called 'moderates' are the enablers of the far-right
- The Windrush scandal: It's time to deport Theresa May from office
- France also: a cynical attempt to divide anti-racism in the service of the government right
- The problem is jingoism, not conspiracism
- Russia hysteria, the establishment, and the left
- Organised workers in Germany massively reject AfD
- Germany: why did the SPD membership vote for the coalition?