Watch Lindsey German's speech from the #RefugeesWelcome demonstration in London. Thousands took to the streets to show solidarity with those fleeing war
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Uber: not fit, not proper
- Trump's UN speech: a new low for the president
- Big problems need some big answers: and this government has none
- A society which cannot deliver the basics has to be changed - weekly briefing
- Striking while the iron is hot is the only way to win back some of what’s been taken from working people - weekly briefing
- North Korea: moving towards the threat of real war
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it: the dangers of Keir Starmer's new policy on Brexit - weekly briefing