Watch Lindsey German's speech from the #RefugeesWelcome demonstration in London. Thousands took to the streets to show solidarity with those fleeing war
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Right, left and centre: how the battle will shape up – Election briefing #04
- When the lying has to stop - Election briefing #03
- The vilification of a peacemonger - Election briefing #02
- Corbyn attacked for not wanting to start a nuclear war - Election briefing #01
- Article 50: how we can shape a People's Brexit
- The vicious cycle of war, terrorism and Islamophobia
- Martin McGuinness and the armed struggle in context