Watch Lindsey German's speech from the #RefugeesWelcome demonstration in London. Thousands took to the streets to show solidarity with those fleeing war
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- 'Not mere manslaughter, but murder': why we're still living with Victorian values - Weekly briefing
- The Dilemmas of Lenin
- Hamburg showed the emperor really doesn't have new clothes - weekly briefing
- This is our time, but we have to organise - weekly briefing
- We need a new saying: 'safe as houses' just doesn't cut it anymore
- The Tories: a wretched apology for a government, clinging on to office - weekly briefing
- The Grenfell Tower disaster exposes the deep class divide in our society