Watch Lindsey German's speech from the #RefugeesWelcome demonstration in London. Thousands took to the streets to show solidarity with those fleeing war
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Labour and the movement after Stoke and Copeland: the next steps
- Starting as you mean to go on: Trump and the movement
- The Women's Marches are just the beginning
- Obama: the peacenik’s president?
- Their Brexit and ours
- Nato exercises: escalating tensions
- Boiling point: the crises created by neoliberalism