Watch Lindsey German's speech from the #RefugeesWelcome demonstration in London. Thousands took to the streets to show solidarity with those fleeing war
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Scavenger capitalists - weekly briefing
- Look who isn't coming to dinner - weekly briefing
- The antidote to a very weak but very nasty government - weekly briefing
- Britain is hardening its foreign policy
- No one likes neoliberalism: the year that the mask slipped – weekly briefing
- The Irish Question, the EU and the debate about borders - weekly briefing
- Today’s fringe is tomorrow’s respectable racism - weekly briefing