Watch Lindsey German's speech from the #RefugeesWelcome demonstration in London. Thousands took to the streets to show solidarity with those fleeing war
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Taking sides in the next major Middle East war - weekly briefing
- A government that is not fit to govern at home or abroad
- Sex, power, and money: parliament and politics - weekly briefing
- Reform, Revolution and Direct Action amongst British Miners - book review
- Catalonia: a test case for Europe - and the left - weekly briefing
- Theresa May's government is busy doing nothing, but we're still suffering - weekly briefing
- The seeds of their own destruction? - weekly briefing