Watch Lindsey German's speech from the #RefugeesWelcome demonstration in London. Thousands took to the streets to show solidarity with those fleeing war
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- The vicious cycle of war, terrorism and Islamophobia
- Martin McGuinness and the armed struggle in context
- Trump’s involvement in Syria: an unwinnable war
- Osborne and the arrogance of the 1 percent
- Dutch lessons: time to fight for our alternatives
- Revolution 1917: then and now
- Fantastic march for our NHS