Author and broadcaster Chris Bambery tells the story of the Battle of Cable Street, to mark 80 years since
Chris Bambery is an author, political activist and commentator, and a supporter of Rise, the radical left wing coalition in Scotland. His books include A People's History of Scotland and The Second World War: A Marxist Analysis.
More articles from this author
- Is there a Tory revival in Scotland?
- Sturgeon plays the Thatcher card in Scotland
- The Highland Clearances: a capitalist tragedy
- The fight is on: campaigning for an independent Scotland starts now
- The Nazis and the British establishment
- Trump: the new face of Fascism?
- We are a nation. We decide: Catalonia calling