A short, sharp analysis of class structure and combativity after forty years of neoliberal offensive
Class: Money and Power in Neoliberal Britain, Lindsey German, Counterfire 2016
In this incisive analysis, Lindsey German sets out how record levels of inequality are now the reality for many working-class people in Britain today. Examining resistance to neoliberalism and the relationship of oppression to class, she argues that if we are to change this, both new forms of organising and the united front are central. An indispensable guide for all those involved in the movements, Class shows how socialist organisation is essential for the struggle today.
Lindsey German is national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition and helped organised the largest demonstration in British history against the Iraq war. Her books include Material Girls, A People’s History of London (with John Rees) and How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women.
More articles from this author
- Spy Kids: children being used for covert ops
- Israel enshrines apartheid into law
- Trump Out, Tories Out, General Election Now! - Counterfire Freesheet July 2018
- PCS Ballot: The fight for decent pay is hotting up
- We stopped Trump
- Grenfell: First the injury, now the insults
- Together we can defeat Trump, and the Tories too